LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAMS
THE 7 LEADERSHIP COMPETENCY MODEL
LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS COURSE
If you desire to increase your ability to lead, to influence and get things done, then it is important to invest in learning the skills, mindsets and different aspects necessary to become an effective leader.
There is no magic pill. They take intentionality, skill and effort. The myth is that you are born as a leader or not. Study after study shows that the more effective leaders are not the charismatic, hero leader. They aren’t the ones who were school captain or the loudest.
People follow leaders because they choose too. Below are the topics covered in this course.
1. YOU THE LEADER
· Know yourself – Your values and style
· Under pressure character – rising to the challenge
· Leadership Temptations – understanding our dark-side.
· People skills
4. DEVELOPING & LEADING A GREAT TEAM
· Developing trust
· Dealing constructively with conflict
· Developing team commitment
· Developing team accountability
· Focusing on results
"Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position."—Brian Tracy
2. LEADERSHIP IS INFLUENCE
· People Development
5. MASTERING CHANGE AND CONFLICT
· How to resolve conflict –
- Personal Conflict
- Organisational conflict
· Change Management -
- Planning change
- Executing change
- Processing people through change
3. LEADERSHIP THINKING
· 5 Mindsets of Successful Leadership
· Developing Vision
· Being Strategic
· Developing Creative and lateral thinking
6. PERSONAL HABITS OF LEADERS
· Organisation of self - priorities
· Self Care strategies
· Self-development – reading and learning
7. ORGANISATIONAL CULTURE
· How to build and maintain a great culture
· Developing people
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
You will learn:
· What makes you tick as a leader
· How to become more adaptable
· How to build positive and cooperative teams that function at a high level
· To lead change and manage conflict as it arises
· Be organised and disciplined in order to be efficient
· How to build positive and compelling culture
· Group Size: An ideal group size is 6 -10 participants.
· Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your offices. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
· Duration: Each course can be tailored to your needs. Normally 1 day.
· Cost: Upon request.
· Target Audience: Managers, Team Leaders, Supervisors
Craig Farmer has been working with the Operations Centre of the NSW State Emergency Service for 12 months, both in the capacity as an individual leadership coach (for myself and others within my team) and by conducting team workshops.
Craig has a style which enables him to create a trustworthy and comfortable environment giving team members the opportunity to challenge themselves and each other in a safe environment.
Craig has provided training, coaching and guidance which has assisted in a cultural change within the Operations Centre by influencing people (including myself) to explore their potential and the areas to focus for effective change management and leadership.
I would recommend Craig to any leader wishing to change a culture and grow in their leadership skills.
Managing Operations Communication Centre -NSW SES
In terms of developing individual leadership capability, each of my executive team members has personally experienced growth as they transition from good managers to great leaders. I am convinced that without this training and coaching, TAA would not have been able to achieve these results.
The clarity of our vision was reinforced and strengthened. Craig’s questions, knowledge and insights have been invaluable for each of us as leaders and accelerated our effectiveness and skills.
We look forward to working with you again, in the not too distant future, and are excited to demonstrate to you how much we have grown as a leadership team.
Managing Director - Turbomeca Australia
OUR TRAINING AND COACHING APPROACH
Our training programs are designed with the participant’s needs and organisations needs in mind. We calibrate our courses to fit the level of experience and inherent knowledge. We are committed to delivering services that are motivated by the following four cornerstones:
1. Quality: We provide specialist services designed and delivered by a team of experts
2. Supportive and flexible: We support individuals and organisations to achieve their development goals in the most appropriate way
3. Focus on improvement and innovation: We encourage individuals and organisations to continually aim higher, to innovate and to be more creative
4. Practical and relevant: Our focus is on practical and relevant outcomes that lead to improved performance for individual leaders, their teams and their organisations
We believe that leaders develop leaders and see a need for a combination of approaches.
We can structure our courses to be stand alone events that fit into your training plan and/or work with you to create a transformational process to help head knowledge to translate to shifts in mindsets and behaviour.
Research, by the Personnel Management Association showed that when training is combined with coaching, individuals increase their productivity by an average of 86% compared to 22% with training alone.
PROCESS AND WHAT TO EXPECT
- Initial 2 hour coaching meeting to set objectives and goals for the coaching
- Meet fortnightly or monthly - as appropriate for the phase of coaching needs of the leader, and availability
- Conduct an informal 360 feedback with key stakeholders, if the leader desires to get feedback to help them create their coaching goals (additional cost)
- Coachee will often have "homeplay" assignments to complete between coaching sessions
- Evaluate change progress
Leadership coaching sessions
6 x 1 hour
10 x 2 hours
10 x 2 hours
Email and phone support
Transformational Leadership - Ebook series
- 5 Mindsets of Successful Leaders
- The 5 Temptations of Team Leaders
Team Assessment Toolkit
Emotional Intelligence Assessment and Debrief
360 degree feedback team interviews
To find out more or to make a booking please contact Craig Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org